Monday, February 2, 2009

1. Late Start



Here i am, laying on bed without a pillow nor a blanket, eyes wide open. I looked at my cell phone to check what time it was- ugh two hours till the alarm goes off. See my reputation as a sleeper was legendary, but not today. My eyelids never shut once. Suddenly i could feel my mobile vibrating in my hand. Mino bedig hal 7azza? i thought to myself. I looked at it "rawan is calling"- ugh what does she want now?! Rawan is a girl i met through a friend of mine; really nice girl but she had misinterpreted our friendship. I don't have anything against her i just wasn't ready for a relationship and everytime i try to explain to her she'd play dumb so with time i just gave up.

"aloo?" i tried to sound like i was asleep

"hala... rise and shine yassoof you're gonna be late for your first day" man she's got a nice voice to wake up to- i thought to myself as i got up

"Rawan it's 6.30! My first class doesn't start till 9!" i said with a semi-sharp tone

"oh 9a7" she giggled, "i just like it when you sound all sleepy" trying to justify her calling hal 7azza

"yeah thanks, listen rayan i'ma go take a quick shower... i'll catch you later ok?"

"okay call me lamma t5alli9... i wanna tell you what to wear"

Lazga! But again she does have a good taste, so this might not be the worst idea, "okay yeah sure, bye now"

"bye 7abeebi"- she hung up.

Again with the 7abeebi?? I don't know meta hal bnayya btefham enna she's like my sister. I don't wanna sound harsh cuz i don't wanna lose her, she's a very good friend and a very nice girl. Oh well- i thought as i turned the hot water on. I looked at myself in the mirror for a while. My hair was getting long and i hated fixing it everytime i woke up. I held it back to see how i looked if i garra3t. "not so bad" i said to myself confidently. I took my shaving machine, set it on 2 and shaved all of my hair off. I wiped the steam off the mirror with my arm to catch a glimpse of my 'new look'. "not bad" i mumbled. I then hopped inside the shower with scolding hot water pouring on my body- just perfect.

i got out, dried myself, took my phone and called rayan. "so tell me miss fashion, shalbis?" i said with a more cheerful tone- a hot shower always managesto cheer me up somehow- only god knows laish

"hahaha okay yalla- by the way a one-hour-45-minute shower is not a 'quick' shower... ilmohim, i was thinking talbis your navy lacoste t-shirt - the size medium one not large..."

"ma frigaw, they look the same" i interrupted. "no they don't you're gonna have trust me on that yassoof" she said sounding a bit too serious, "ma3a your light-colored jeans and your white nikes". Simple enough i thought.
"okay thanks yalla b-" i tried to end the phone call

"no wait!! aloo? alooo yousef?" ...i stayed in silence. "yousefff waiinek?" i could actually hear her pouting.

"ha rawan kani... na3am?"

"elbis your black aviator ray bans!" she said with a hint of excitement in her voice.

"okay inshalla... tabeen shay?" "no salamtek, goodluck on your first day... try not to get thrown out of this university too" she said

"i'll try" i remarked with sarcasm "yalla bye" and i hung up

I then drowned myself with Dior's Fahrenheit and got outa my room, passed by the dining room where my mom was having breakfast, kissed her and left home. I started my car then looked at the clock. SHIT 6 MINUTES TO GO!! I raced through the cars ignorning a couple of red lights and finally i was there! i quickly got out of the car, ran to the classrooms.

I looked for room 206. After a couple of minutes of searching i found it. As i got in a girl came in with me. I didn't even look at her cuz i was in too much of a hurry. We both got in. The class was full, dead silent and the tall pale proffessor turned his head towards me and that girl.

"late on your first day? not the best start isn't it? mr. yousef i'm assuming and ms. ... leila?" he said with an English accent
"well aah... i was... umm" i tried to come up with an excuse, but nothing came out. i couldn't say i took a long shower that would be simply embarrassing. I froze there wishing the ground would open up and swallow me.

"i'm sorry sir, i had some unfinished papers to hand in to the administration and yousef here helped me with them, i take total blame for being late, he had nothing to do with it" she interrupted with a perfect american accent. The proffessor took a moment. "you're off the hook the both of you, don't make it a habit though"

We both nodded and then took a seat at the end of the classroom- i sat behind her. "hey listen..." i whispered, she leaned back with her head indicatingthat she's listening, "i owe you, big time" i said with great gratitude.
"yeah you do" she smiled...

40 comments:

Lost said...

LOL aham shay inna garra3 then and there! it's cute Keeeeeep it upppp ;**

Anonymous said...

Hello ;p its goin' good man , keep it up (: but that Leila is in fot something right ;)?

Anonymous said...

loool nice ;) cant wait for more keep up the good work ;p
-N*

Anonymous said...

7ada nice .. cant wait 4 the new post
pampers

Anonymous said...

great start!! keep it up!!... were supporting:P:P

Anonymous said...

i think im going to like your blog, u should have started it a long time ago!
keep up the good work and im waiting for ur next post!
ps because "silent readers" can't follow blogs, i just wanted to let u know that i bookmarked your blog ..;p

college newbie said...

thxx lost... n all the anony's.
anony #1 what'd u mean "in fot something"?

love ;** said...

loved the beginning, I guess a welcome is in hand. I love the fact we get to read a blog from a guys perspective.

Cant wait for more, great job ;)

Cooookies said...

Really nice :P keep up the good work ;)

Yeah and welcome to the
blogosphere ~ ;p

Jacqui said...

Awesome, before I read the story I just wanted to say that you've been added to Scarletlights.com so now more people can read your posts there and come to your site :)

Anonymous said...

wow i was actually looking forward to reading a 'guy's perspective'; it turns out its more shallow and even lamer than a girl's one...hmm who would have thought :S ... quite disappointing actually :S

3anooda said...

sounds good so far - i have one request thoguh. please dont tune it down for our sakes. we wanna know the WHOLE TRUTH AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH. LOL.

ya3ni Yousef cheats, drinks, smokes, effs about, we wanna know it all.

Lulwa said...

hey
nice start, keep it up

next post , pleaaase :)

Forty-Seven said...

Niiiice! its weird just picking up the hatha and shaving your head like that what if it looked bad? Ummm haha the girl is a good liar (compliment btw) yalla keep 'em comin
xoxo

sexy_sour_sweet said...

WOOOHOO guys point of VIEW!!! Can't wait!;P

moi said...

great;p, i wanna know what a guy thinks when hes in love;\

Anonymous said...

I liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikeeeee it ;)


keep the posts coming

[MaDry-Shakw~] said...

Amazing.. Keep it up :P! Cant wait till The Next Post :O!

Jacqui said...

Looks promising liked the beginning, hope the male's point of view of those stories is a bit different than what we're used to.

Anonymous said...

AKHEERAN! A GUYS POINT OF VIEW!;D Loving it! NEXT POST:D

college newbie said...

thnx guys!... i'd like to point out something... the first girl... rawan* not rayan... thnxx enjoy

shamma aldabal said...

nice ... ;)
can't wait for the rest ..

Lost said...

newbieyoooooo sh3alaik! 22 comments -.- I got 6 in my first post, I think lol mathkir, anyway, as jacqui said, promising..

47 totally agree with you!!!! then and there let's shave
my head, ok, *switches machine on* mal kaf5!! (see what I mean about the agresdive thing? LOL

Lost said...

agressive*

Untitled Rambles said...

following ur blog 7ada....nice kamil this way

Untitled Rambles said...

following ur blog 7ada....nice kamil this way

Anonymous said...

following ur blog 7ada....nice kamil this way

Anonymous said...

u want honest critique right? its a bit boring.. beg of stories is v important and u cud hv lost ur audience.. we r looking for a guy perspective.. so dnt disappoint us and write the same as everyone else.. so far noth interesting.. mafrooth ma tbde by introducing kel el characters.. chanzan tklmt shway 3an el9bay nafsa 3shan n3rf sh59eta shlon.. b3dyn 1 45 long shower is a bit much..lame excuse for latness.. its not like he has hair! 5o gar3a!! laish 6wal! la t5ale the "nice guy" its just boring.. 5al shway ykoon fe scandel.. ykoon 7aqeer shway.. yl3ab 3al bnat .. swalef shbab kuwaityen 9j .. mo swalef q9a9.. finally, write wht u know.. e5th experiences mn el 7yat .. dnt go over the top with fiction

7aLeeB KaKaW said...

i never thought that shabab il kuwait has a talent in writting stories... but u've proved me wrong.. heheh ;P nice start.. just keep on the gr8 work.. cant wait 7g il baji.. !!

Teenager At Sea said...

Hello..Just wanted to say great start so far... can't wait for the next post... and it's new reading from a guy's point of view.. Keep it up =]

doona said...

a guy writing a story?

this is BOUND to be interesting ;)

cant wait to read more ;)

doona said...

btw, welcome to the blogosphere ;)

Anonymous said...

HI!! Nice story i totally luved it!! ;D

Hala said...

interesting.. lets see how it goes..!! :)

Lulwa said...

Hey , we R still waiting :(

BTW, U R TAGGED ;D

Anonymous said...

A Really Fresh Start,, u Have Captured Good Attention,, Keep up The Good Work oo La Tet2akhar Eb ur Posts ;)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE BALDIES;D great start kamel:P

FingerPrint said...

whts up with the kwaiti guys and shaved heads??? hair on the heads is nice! walla!

and a story from a guys perspective .. this should be interesting .. judging by all the comments u got there seems to be shway high expectations from u =P bs we want the real stuff .. a true perspective of a guy!

Anonymous said...

Hello.

I think it's interesting to read a story like this coming from a guy's point of view in things.

One question though; is the girl "Rayan" or "Rawan"; cause I saw both names referring to the same person.

Look forward to reading more.

Anonymous said...

Oh okay, sorry bout that I think you cleared up the issue of names.

 


College Newbie © 2008. Design by: Pocket